I personally love plane rides. Despite the fact that I’ve been on countless flights growing up, I still find myself getting giddy and excited like a little kid whenever I board. There are certain items that I bring with me all the time, and they sure contribute to that experience. Since I’ll be flying to Shanghai in a few days, I thought I might as well share them with everyone. Go ahead and scroll down to find out!
- Backpack It’s very rare that I bring a small purse on the plane. It’s simply because I always have so much stuff that I need something to carry everything. I absolutely love this backpack. I bought this at Urban Outfitters for $20 a couple of years back because it was such a steal! I love how sturdy it is and it looks casual enough to go with most of my outfits.
- Dry shampoo I raved about this product a few months back. Guys, let me just get this out (again). Dry shampoo gives me life. I have a pretty oily scalp and whenever I get off a flight, no matter how short the journey was, my hair ends up looking oily and flat. After I get off the plane, I like to spritz this on my hair to bring some freshness back.
- Book Being on the plane is the perfect time to read a book. All the noises are drowned out by the engine roaring, creating this eerily muted environment. I think that also helps me to really focus. The book I’m currently reading right now is “Life of Pi” by Yann Martel. I haven’t watched the movie yet (fail), but reading the book sure makes me want to watch it now!
- Cell phone As soon as the airplane mode is turned on, my phone serves as many different things. A camera, to capture any moments during the flight. An iPod, so I listen to music. A notepad, so I can jot down any notes or thoughts that might pop up while I’m flying. Of course, it has many other functions but those are the main ones for me.
- Hair ties These things are pretty much like a part of my wrist. I will never leave the house without one. I like keeping my hair up in a ponytail or a bun. And I bring extras because you never know when it will snap, you know?
- Translucent powder + blotting paper Same as my scalp, my face is on the oily side of the spectrum. This combination saves my life all the time. The translucent powder (Innisfree No Sebum Mineral Pact) I’m using is from Innisfree, and it’s super compact but works like wonders. The blotting paper is from Olive & Young and I believe it has like 100 sheets per pack which is awesome because I don’t have to worry about repurchasing it for a good period of time.
- Hand lotion + lip balms Unlike my scalp and face, my hands and lips get super dry when I’m on a plane. So I’ll need a trusty lotion and lip balms with me to keep myself moisturized. I love my travel-sized Etude House Rich Collagen Hand Cream, because it smells amazing and keeps my hands soft and moisturized. I also have an ultra-hydrating lip balm from Innisfree and a tinted lip balm from Burt’s Bees.
- Earphones Same as the phone and the hair tie, I will also never leave the house with my trusty pair of earphones. I don’t really like the earphones they hand out on the plane, so I use my own pair to listen to music or to watch movies. The pair I own has incredible bass that’ll put the Beats by Dre to shame. And I got this for a fraction of the price at a subway station too!
What are your travel essentials? 🙂