If you already follow me on Instagram or Twitter, you know that I went to the gorgeous island of Oahu, Hawaii a few weeks ago. This wasn’t my first time to Hawaii, however, it was the first time going without the company of family members so it was a completely different experience. It almost felt like I was visiting the place for the first time. (definitely a case of travelling with family vs. travelling with friends) Maybe it was also because I’m older now…
Anyways, I’m here to convince you why Oahu should be your next vacation destination. It’s not because I’m doubting that you believe Hawaii is amazing, but to reinforce that thought. I know Hawaii has always been lauded as being a paradise, but sometimes it can seem overrated because everyone talks about it. But Hawaii is far from it. It is well-deserving of all those wonderful reviews and raves. And I’m about to tell you why:
- Everyone’s right. Life is a beach. Especially if those beaches are named Waikiki, Lanikai, or Waimea.
- Giovanni’s Original Shrimp Truck. Yes, this righteously deserves its own category.
- I call myself a city girl, but I immediately fell in love with nature.
- The sky will hit you with the feels real hard.
- The surreal view from Lanikai Pillboxes Trail.
- The chillaxed atmosphere. Beats therapy sessions all day.
- The serene Byodo-In Temple will help you find your inner zen.
- It’s the perfect place to leave your worries behind and live in the moment. Cheesy, right? Wait til you’re there… 😉
I’m already thinking about when I should visit again. There were so much to do but so little time… Have you been to Hawaii before? Where are some places you recommend if I do go again?